We've been TV free for 3+ years. We got tired of our kids begging us to watch Elmo. We've found that we spend more time outdoors, interacting with friends/neighbors, reading, working on the house/yard, and actually talking to each other. We have Nexflix, so we watch a movie or TV show on DVD every now and again. It's been a great arrangement for us.I realize most people can simultaneously have TV and a life...but I can't. It's this crazy personality trait I have to get my money's worth despite what's best for me. All-you-can-eat buffets are bad for me. I eat myself sick. Having cable TV is the same. I feel like I have to watch it to get my money's worth. Lame, I know.
Anyway, after missing major events of the last 3 years (e.g Hurricane Katrina)--we decided to get Cable for the Beijing Olympics. We plan to cancel it when they are over.
So, we got hooked up this week. It's ridiculous. Carmen and I are so distracted. We can't have a decent conversation when it's on. I watched this 3 hour countdown of the 100 greatest teen stars on VH1. I was happy to see that John Francis Daley from my favorite show Freaks and Geeks was one of the commentators. Right now we're watching a Trading Spaces marathon. We're pathetic. Bring on the Olympics!
3 comments:
It is bad, isn't it? But, don't beat yourself up. If you haven't had it for 3 years I think you're entitled to a little binging, right? Btw, you do know that the "So you think you can dance" finale is on this week, right?
I'm the same way when I have TV. I just get glue to it and I can't justify paying money just so I can laze (sp?) around the house all day :) We do get enough channel through our rabbit ears that we will enjoy some of the Games!
Hope you are enjoying the games! Looks like you have had some outdoor fun...love all the pics!
Post a Comment