Saturday, January 5, 2008

Vote for your favorite Muppet



A friend of mine in high-school once mused: "Is it okay to talk like a Muppet on the first date?"

I'm not going to answer that question, but for the next two weeks I'm giving you the opportunity to vote for your favorite Muppets. I decided to limit the voting to old-school muppets. Yep, no Zoe or Elmo. This was hard for me---yet despite Elmo's great attitude and my 2 yr old Anna's pleading---I have to stick to my principles.

In case you're wondering, I voted for Dr. Teeth. This guy is the quintessential, 70's cool-guy rocker. (see the video below)

(Editors Note on 2/9: Grover dominated the voting w/ 50%+ votes. Animal and Kermit were tied for a distant second. Chicks dig Grover!)

PS - By the way, the last poll revealed that Pork (55% of votes) is actually the reigning champion of white meats. Not only did you overwhelmingly select it over chicken (20%), but beef (15%) and fish (10%) as well.


5 comments:

Karen said...

I have to go with Grover!! I'd love to have a waiter like him. It's dinner and a show.

Anonymous said...

I voted! Grover....yes Grover!!!!

Anonymous said...

i love Beaker!! I like to talk like him to my kids sometimes when I have had it with them! be be ebe bee be......durh.
haley

Unknown said...

Come on.... Where's cookie Monster? I know, he wasn't really on "The Muppet Show", just Seasame Street. But still...

The Fishy Farm said...

Jer, it's Amy Pehrson Fisher!!! hi! I found your blog from Julie Jensen's and love seeing you and your beautiful family! You live in Seattle? That's my favorite place. Nate and I are doing great...check out our blog...thefishyfarm.blogspot.com
I hope everything's great..it sure looks that way!