Sunday, March 16, 2008

Vermin WMDs

We have a burrowing vermin problem. On Saturday morning we discovered a pile of displaced dirt on our flagstone walkway. This morning there were FIVE piles! Carmen and I aren’t exactly sure if it’s a gopher or a mole, but here is NO WAY a tiny rodent is going to mess with our walkway. We worked too hard on it to see it get messed up.

So in honor (or dishonor) of the 5th anniversary of the occupation of Iraq, I broke the Sabbath and headed down to Lowes for some vermin Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD). Much to my delight there are many WMDs to choose from....ranging from bio-degradable to purely toxic.

The old guy at Lowes who helped me knows a lot about killing vermin. Based on the 10 minute tutorial and history of vermin WMDs that he offered, he takes great delight in killing off the little suckers.

I ended up buying a couple WMDs. The dynamite looking things (according to the package they’re illegal in many states) actually come with a fuse. You light ‘em and cram them down the hole to gas ‘em out. The Lowes guy told me to have a shovel nearby just in case I need to whack-a-mole. Seriously.

Well, we lit and shoved 2 of the dynamite WMDs this morning before church. I drew a picture of me doing this on Aja’s etch-a-sketch during Sacrament meeting. It’s man vs. beast. I’ll have to wait ‘till tomorrow morning to see if I won.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I HATE vermin! I wish I was there to help with the WMD it could be a good sunday afternoon activity, you know killing God's creatures. :) j/k I'm sorry you have to deal with that mess! Good Luck!

Matt said...

So??? What happened? We're dying here.... (or is it the vermin...)

the medeiros family said...

Sooo...did it work?? Ugh! I hate little squirrely creatures.

Mama Mia said...

Hope you won the war!