Sunday, May 18, 2008

Smurf This

Smurf scarcity is over! I have come across some treasure troves of Smurf nostalgia that take me back to 1982.

There is a great toystore at the Pike's Place Market called the Dragon's Toybox that sells the little blue figurines for $2.99. Quite a bargain, even by my cheap/frugal standards. I bought a few of them for Aja & Anna and they are smurfing over the moon about them.

Also, Netfilx & Youtube have full episodes for viewing. The cartoons stand the test of time...they are quite good. However, I have to say, the whole thing of using the word "smurf" as a substitute for verbs & adjectives sounds suspect at times. I suppose I have become less innocent than I was at age 9. Anyway, I hope adults and kids alike will enjoy these smurfs as much as I have. Smurf this youtube video.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Love it! Brad's nickname growing up was smurf. (Don't know if it's because he was blue or little) I definately need to find him some smurf toys

Alex and Heather said...

Love it! Just watched a little clip and was just wishing I had my sugar cereal and a pillow just like 1986. Good times! Cute pics with the kites, too!

the medeiros family said...

Loved the smurfs...I just always wanted their to be girls in the bunch though! Loved what Aja said in the last post...too cute!
Hey...isn't Ryan getting married soon? Are you and Carmen coming out for it? It would be fun to get together with you guys, I'd love to meet Carmen. Let me know.