Sunday, August 24, 2008

Denny's Daddy Daughter Date

Carmen had a night out with some friends last night, so I had Aja, Anna & Liv all to myself. I asked them what they wanted to do. They said they wanted to go to "The Pancake Place" (aka Denny's).

So I fearlessly went with the kids in tow. It's funny, when Carmen goes out with the girls she gets lots of comments from strangers. The general theme is a somewhat distainful "you've got your hands full!" Uh, yeah.

Yet when I go out, I get lots of positive comments like "SUPERDAD!" or (talking to the girls) "Your dad looks like he is lot's of fun!" The bias is apparent, but I'll take it.

Anyway at Denny's on Tuesday and Saturday nights kids eat free. So, each girl got their own grand slam breakfast and the bill & tip came to $10 (now you know why we're debt free). The best part of the meal for Aja & Anna was the 5 or 6 sugar packets that they poured into their open mouths. For now, dad is a pretty cool guy.

2 comments:

Greg Christensen said...

I wish we had a Denny's in Geneva. Or at least a kids-eat-free place. The closest thing we've found is the cafeteria at Ikea, where combo meals between 5:30 and 6:30 on Thursdays and Fridays are only 5 francs. We get four plates of meatballs, drinks and ice cream cones for a little over $20.

(There's also a sign in the cafeteria that says "We REFUSE to serve alcohol to anyone younger than 16." Those crazy Euopeans.)

jjjensenfamily said...

Next time you go out with your girls I think you should wear a blue leotard, yellow briefs, and have a big D on your chest. I'll get Jon a matching outfit.