One of the benefits of having an orange door (yes, there are other benefits)...is that it can easily be transformed into a jack-o-lantern. All it takes is some black construction paper and a small scrap of orange to cover the peep hole, otherwise it looks like a zit.
This year we decided to go with a happy looking face. I've had enough gloom-and-doom for 2008 already, thank you very much. So this jovial pumpkin is greeting all who drive or walk by our house.
It has now been 2 years since we moved-in, remodeled, and repainted this place. We selected the trendy green color to give this neighborhood a bit of an edge. At first a few neighbors didn't like it (our sinister objective), but most actually did. Now, the green color has become more mainstream and people no longer associate it with a grandma's house in the 70's.
I guess we'll have to pick a new color to replace the green over the next couple years. I plan to keep the brown part, but I'm right now I'm thinking some glossy gray/blue. With a glossy white iPod looking door that I could make into a groovy ghost for Halloween of 2010.
6 comments:
i love your house, green and all! it is so you guys and you put so much work into making it look so cool! you have to get the childrens book "the big orange splot" ~daniel manus pinkwater. trust me that book is so you and your house, minus the alligator and palm trees in the front yard! love the jack o'lantern too!
XOXO
Haley
I would never associate that with grandma... maybe that is just my generation talking...
I love your pumpkin door and the green house. Actually I love the whole look of your house. If only I was so daring.
You guys do cool decorations. Your house was made for Autumn. I just let my kids go to the dollar store and spend 10 dollars of their own money choosing Halloween decorations, so, obviously none of them look as spiffy as an entire door/house.
Love the door! Love the green and gray combo, too!
Nice. I'd never seen your place. Groovy.
The best trick-or-treating house in our old neighborhood fixed white triangles to the garage door to make a giant mouth, the put two TV screens in the upper windows with running footage of a single eye in each to make a giant face.
They also had very long, really hairy spider legs hooked up to a remote control car that zoomed around the driveway and made the little kids scream.
Post a Comment