Friday, September 26, 2008

Update on Jer

Many of you may have seen the headlines about Wamu. I could write a book about what has happened over the past 6 months in economy, what has been written in the media, & what actually happened. But I won't. I'd rather move on & play with my girls during my free time.

That's not to say I'm not frustrated. I'm proud of the work that I've been a part of over the past 5 years at Wamu. I have been a part of arguably the best branch banking team in the industry. This is not the mortgage division. We have regularly been #1 in customer satisfaction and on "most admired" company lists. Not only have a grown & learned significantly at Wamu, but our team has also delivered amazing results. JP Morgan Chase is thrilled to combine the with Retail Bank that I'm a part of.

I still have a job. Things could change in next 3-6 months. I don't know what will happen right now, it's too early. I could either stay with the bank or move on to something else. I do know that I have:
  • a solid education,
  • a track-record professional success,
  • no debt (except part of our home),
  • a kick-butt attitude (like my man, Usain Bolt), &
  • family/friends that love & care about me.
Thank you for all of your concern. I'll keep you updated as things become clearer. Expect good things...

6 comments:

the medeiros family said...

Hey Jer, I've been thinking about you. It's was wonderful to hear what great things you've been doing at Wamu and it's even better to hear how well prepared you are for whatever could happen. Yes, I expect good things for you!

Leah Hansen said...

I know that things work out and that there is a plan for us. I love you attitude! let me know if I can help in any way.

Cynthia said...

Jeremy, this is a good update for us. We know that you and Carmen are doing a great job with your family. What is happening with the economy is affecting so many of those around us. It is having a domino affect. We know you do have a lot of great experience and training. We think you will do great for any empolyer and hope things continue for you where you are.
I appreciate what you said about the media especially. Through some experiences with others that I am close to, I have to agree, that the information we receive from "reliable sources" is not always accurate and is defintely not objective in many cases.
We love you guys!

Greg Christensen said...

If you do decide to start job hunting, just remember to include SBO on your resume. That opens doors.

Sarah Carlston said...

I was just thinking about you guys the other day, wondering about your job. Glad to hear you are doing well, have a job and have a good attitude about the whole thing!

Alex and Heather said...

Love the picture, demonstrating the attitude. I love that guy! Our prayers are with you. And, your positive attitude makes a huge old difference in wherever life takes you. Take care!