Friday, February 8, 2008

Gates of Paradise

I went to Lorenzo Ghiberti's "Gates of Paradise" exhibit yesterday. I'd be a fool not to...my office is in the same building as the Seattle Art Museum.

I was blown away at the level of artistry and detail in the 3 panels that are icons of the Florentine Renaissance that are visiting the US for the first time. I was also blown away the Esau would trade his birthright to Jacob for a measly bowl of soup! The Old Testament has some crazy funny stuff (actually the word "stuff" is in the OT as well as a woman named Oprah!).

Here's a nice article about the exhibit that was in the Seattle Times. The picture is of The Creation panel.

3 comments:

the medeiros family said...

No way! What an amazing exhibit...so cool that you got to see it!

Anonymous said...

Hey we were there the same night and didn't see you!!

Delirious said...

Actually the Bible name is Orpah. Oprah's Mom didn't know how to spell it. I heard her tell this story once on tv. :)