Saturday, February 16, 2008

Vietnameese Sandwitches

This is the best 3 bucks you'll ever spend: Bahn Mi. I discovered these Vietnamese Sandwiches when we moved to Seattle 7 years ago. It combines oodles of my favorite things: crunchy/soft baguette, grilled meats, fresh vegies, jalapeƱos, etc. Yum.

Carmen and I had a great one today in our favorite restaurant "88 Restaurant" in West Seattle. It's actually clear across town from us now that we've moved to Issaquah, but every time we're over in our old stompin' grounds we can't resist. (we were over there for a multi-Stake YM Modesty Fashion Show...it was good fun).

The restaurant is owned and run by a family that we've grown close to over the years. Their 14 year old son is often the waiter. The 11 year old daughter often acts as cashier while she works on her homework. The mom, Nikki, asks how our moms are doing. We often take them there when we pick them up from the airport, because it's nearby. In addition to the sandwich appetizers we love the Mango Salad, Bun (aka "Bowl of Stuff"), and Panang Curry. Life is good when you are eating Vietnamese Food.

Little baby Liv has been sick this week. So sad. She is a special kid though. Between the coughs and snot, she is still quick with a smile and a giggle. We love her. Here she is wearing a sweater I bought on my mission in Scotland 16 years ago.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

I can't believe how much Liv has grown! I would not have recognized her. The sweater is adorable, but I can't believe you were on your mission 16 years ago! Can't wait to see you guys next week for our little stamp party.

Karen said...

She is getting SO big!! I hate to know that she isn't feeling well...so sad...Mil developed a cough and snot nose this week too...maybe they're related!

Circe said...

Family-owned restaurants are the best kind, especially when you're a regular. Some of the best food I've eaten was in SF when I went to a Chinese place with Chinese friends. I don't even think they looked at a menu... Love the little Scottish lassie! :)

Alex and Heather said...

Ok! Did she just grow since I saw her 2 weeks ago? She's got the Jer, Aja gene goin on! Cutie patutie!

the medeiros family said...

Okay, sick or not....could Liv be any cuter? Seriously, she is adorable!