As any self-respecting Jensen knows, there is always solace to be found in a bowl of cereal. This past week I've been momentarily escaping the financial market nuttiness with some nutty granola goodness of my own making.Over the years, cereal was the standard after school snack for my brother Jon and me. In fact, one afternoon I recall a crazy lady from our neighborhood walking by us mid-bowl saying, "cold cereal for a snack...I LOVE it!" I couldn't agree more.
Here are my top 5 cereals at the moment:
- Home-made Granola
- Frosted Mini-Wheats (with frozen raspberries)
- Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch
- Froot Loops
- Wheat Chex
8 cups rolled oats (not instant)
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup nuts (almonds, walnuts or pecans)
1/4 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup veg oil
1/4 cup ground flax seed (optional, but great for Omega-3s)
Ground cinnamon and/or nutmeg to taste (optional too)
5 comments:
i agree! i think Atticus would live off the stuff if i let him. he goes for whatever has a good toy in it! our picks as of this week:
1) count chocula
2) go lean honey crunch
3) fiber one (good on apple slices dipped in peanut butter)
4) trix (dont have to worry about Cozy eating only marshmellows)
5) LUCKY CHARMS!!!
happy cereal eating!!
Haley
Good to see you've found something to distract your from the disasterous market...I've been trying to clean to get my mind of it. I have to admit I'm not much of a cereal person (although my entire family is cereal crazy...they all have a bowl of cereal before bed). I do enjoy a good bowl of Crispix or some granola in yougurt! I actually prefer Eggo's for breakfast.
gotta love the captain crunch! Another great choice would be kix and honeycomb.
Fruity Pebbles bring me great joy when I am feeling down. If things are at their very worst, I key up a little James Taylor, preferrably "The Secret of Life"! Hopefully this morning won't drive you to eat an entire box of cereal, all things in moderation!
Home-made granola rocks. A common childhood memory is waking up to the smell of granola wafting through the house. Of course, now that I'm the Mom, I am already awake because I made the granola, before the smell permeates the house. I still love it!
Post a Comment