Carmen has been psyched for weeks to go to the Relief Society (the women's org) Charity Auction at Church. This is an annual event. At the auction, would-be bidders earn points for everything from being on time to the event to the number of stitches make on the quilts for the needy. Those points can buy some pretty cool stuff.Each participant donates a few items & then the bidding begins. I understand it gets pretty crazy...you know how cheapskates like us get when there's free-stuff. This year Carmen donated a pizza dinner at our house and one of her amazing chocolate ganache cakes. The winners are in for a yum-fest.
Apparently Carmen bid and lost on a Korean BBQ dinner, which I am still bummed about. She also missed out on a morning of water skiing and a weekend at a cabin on a lake. However, she didn't really try too hard win those super-cool items...she was holding out for a dress-up tutu. Yes, you heard right Carmen, being the devoted mother that she is, was sure that the tutu would fulfill Aja & Anna's ballet fantasies. I applaud Carmen for her devotion to our girls, yet sadly the tutu was recieved with big frowns and some crying. This is because it was it was blue and not pink or purple.
I have to say that Honey Crisp Apples totally live up to the hype. They are so darn tasty. If you haven't tried one, stop what you are doing right now and go get one. Let me know what you think.
5 comments:
We did this in our ward too...but we were just given the same amount of money. I LOVE the idea of having to earn it. I may have to suggest this to my Enrichment Night planners.
Also, BEST PICTURE OF CARMEN EVER.
(I would happily give anything for a pizza night at the JJ's house.)
Yes. Honey crisp = awesome. They almost transcend the apple category. They are to apples what Krispy Kremes are to donuts.
I wish I could have seen Carm at the auction. I can only imagine. I'm sure it was great.
Still can't get that image of Carmen's face out of my mind. It was sooo Anna. She was somehow transformed into a little 3 year old girl who was desperate for what she wanted. Priceless!
Post a Comment