Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tulip Fest

Now that our guests (my mom & sister Heidi) have left, the weather has become gorgeous. Nevertheless, we had a great time despite silly mother nature. Perhaps Ms. Nature had depleted her supply of mood stabilizing meds.

In fact, last week we turned around in-route because there was 3 inches of snow on the freeway. Aja bawled her eyes out. "I WANT tulips."

Today it was sunny and 70. We drove the 80 miles up to the Skagit Valley for the Tulip Fest. It's one of our favorite events of the year. As you can see in the pictures, it's reminiscent of Holland. Enjoy.

This one is a classic...totally un-staged
In Anna's mind, this is her most beautiful smile
Goofy Aja

Millions of tulips. Check out Anna sniffing them...

5 comments:

Yvonne Anderson said...

Gorgeous girls....gorgeous flowers

the medeiros family said...

Wow...that is just gorgeous! I had to chuckle at Anna's smile...too cute!

Alex and Heather said...

Love it! When we went there weren't a ton. Weather's too crazy this year. You got some good shots, though

ArchRay said...

I saw your site on Mia's and checked it out since our daughter is named Carmen and realized you were talking about the Seattle area tulip festival. I am so jealous. We moved from Seattle to Omaha four years ago, I miss many things about Seattle and that's one of them!

Karen said...

That's such a cool place! I WANT tulips, too! I like how the girls' outfits coordinate with the flowers.